Friday, September 26, 2008

Cliff is riding the 2008 NYC MS Bike Tour 100 miles FIXED










Please help $upport Cliff in his efforts to raise money for MS riding the 2008 NYC MS Tour . He is a 3 time cancer surviver that has been riding fixed to help rehabilitate himself. He continues to document his struggle and I wish him the best. Cliff is on the right with the IRO Fixed and SOBE rag.

About Cliff :

Since Jan. 2004, my life has centered around battling a very chemo-resistant form of Hodgkins lymphoma (I was originally diagnosed with Diffuse Large B-cell lymphoma and also Mediastinal Grey-Zone B-cell lymphoma), an aggressive blood cancer. Through my first-line treatment and two relapses, I’ve employed riding fixedgear and singlespeed bikes as my primary rehabilitative activity to strengthen my body and mind before, during, and after four chemo protocols, radiation therapy, and an allogeneic bone marrow transplant (BMT).

Since my BMT in 2006, I have developed an autoimmune disease, chronic Graft versus Host Disease (cGvHD), which is a common side effect of an allogeneic bone marrow transplant. While all my scans since my BMT show no evidence of active lymphoma, daily life with cGvHD has proven to be quite a challenge and it requires being on immunosuppressants, antibiotics, and other medicines for months at a time.

I continue to train to keep my body as strong as possible in the event that I relapse yet again, requiring further treatment and therapy.


No comments: