Monday, September 8, 2008

Crank Brothers Joplin R Adjustable Height Seatpost :: Review :: Connecticut Mountain Biking Community :: Crankfire.com

Just last week I was riding in Wilton Woods and still getting used to my new 19" Iron Horse MKIII. It is a bit larger than my past bike (Intense Tracer) Medium ( 17-18inch) can't remember. The geometry on my new steed although fantastic, is giving me a hard time getting the seat height correct for riding through anything thing more technical than packed dirt. I really had the smaller Tracer dialed in.

Maybe the added travel 5-5 over the 3-4 is also causing some problems. I just can not get comfortable and find myself bailing on small drops, rollers and logs that I would have jumped in a heartbeat. Maybe getting lazy, old and fat not to mention bald and insecure has some effect but, I need to blame it on something else C;^)

I mentioned my concern to a buddy who was coasting past me as I carried my steed over a fallen tree "if only someone would come up with a seat post that can be adjusted up and down on the fly it would solve my problem. They could call it an Ass Jack or something catchy."

Bingo- I just came across this great review. But (no pun intended) it is way to costly to be worth consideration.

Crank Brothers Joplin R Adjustable Height Seatpost :: Review :: Connecticut Mountain Biking Community :: Crankfire.com: "I have always wanted of these automatic seat post deals, I even came close to grabbing a Gravity Dropper seat post a few years back, but I just couldn't quite pull that trigger. I mean c'mon, these things are damn expensive and did I really need one?! Probably not, do I need one now? Probably not. Do I have one now? Yeah I do."

No comments: