Wednesday, August 27, 2014

FAT - Me and the Tires

OK it has been a long time since I have posted and I have no good excuse.I have been lazy and have spent the last year recovering from injury to my knees (Ice Hockey Fail) and the stress an unstable sales job. 5 months ago I finally left my dying industry and found a new and exciting opportunity so I jumped in after 16 years . I am finally starting to feel like I deserve to ride and also have some time again. For the last 2 months I have been riding - road, mostly but I got out in the woods this weekend- both days and had a blast on my 29er (Rocky Mnt Altitude). Feeling great (mentally) but still  FAT :). The reason I am finally motivated to post is because I have been researching FAT TIRE (yes- I am a follower-poser-late to the game wimp) and have my eye on a few rides. Used and abused is fine but a steel frame that I can work with would be great. I am looking at Charge-SE or maybe Surly frame to build slowly. Any feed back would be great. I have small budget and just want a fall / winter ride. Not planning on big hills or technical rides- Huntington Park fire roads or Bradley Park - bike paths etc...  Also how do  I carry one of these on a Thule roof rack ?



No comments: